Podcasts

EPISODE 7 - KATIE THISTLETON INTERVIEW

Picture of Admin User
EPISODE 7 - KATIE THISTLETON INTERVIEW
by Admin User - Friday, 14 February 2020, 12:04 PM

After deciding to start the RMGS Podcast last year, I knew that I wanted to release content that would not only be an entertaining, new way of bringing media to the school, but also something that would have a beneficial impact on the RMGS community. With this in mind, I subsequently chatted with a number of people on the podcast, with topics of conversation ranging from dungeons and dragons to careers. I’d be lying if I thought that less than 10 months later, I would be interviewing Katie Thistleton on the importance of speaking out about mental health and not suffering in silence. Alongside her role as a TV and Radio presenter for the BBC, she is a mental health ambassador for Young Minds and Place2Be, and has also brought out a book, with an agony aunt format, which gave advice to children who’d written letters to her on a variety of issues. Katie’s work has benefitted so many, and so it was a pleasure to have her on the podcast. I hope that listening to it will provide many with clarity of mind, and the courage to speak up about the struggles they may be experiencing. No-one should be ashamed to struggle with their mental health, nor should they struggle alone.

Speaking of not doing things alone, I wouldn’t have been able to make the podcast alone, so thanks goes to the IT department as well as the production team for making it all possible, and of course Katie for giving up her time for the interview.

-       Charlie Gurr (RMGS Podcast Creator)